Monday, July 12, 2010

T-Shirt Memory Quilt Tutorial - Part 4

Next, I use my design wall to arrange the blocks in a pleasing manner. I try to separate the light and dark colors from each other if possible. At this point, if I haven't already chosen fabrics, I can audition fabric choices next to the finished blocks to see what I like best. I do try to use fabrics that pull together all or most of the colors in the t-shirts so the finished quilt looks a bit more cohesive. Sometimes this is easy and sometimes not! :-) Then I cut all the fabric into cornerstones, sashing and borders, using the 60mm rotary cutter and large cutting mat.

Finally I can piece the quilt top together row by row. I use a walking foot and pins to make sure the layers don't slide. I remove the pin from the seam just before sewing over it. I never sew over pins! This can damage your machine needle or worse.




No comments:

Post a Comment