Saturday, December 3, 2016

Sew Together Bag

This morning the ladies in my quilt bee are gathering for our monthly meeting and instead of us each working on our independent projects, we are going to all make the Sew Together Bag by Sew Demented. You can see many great examples of this bag here on Flickr. Here is a very helpful set of additional detailed instructions by the Quilt Barn which complement the pattern in a great way.

I decided to shop from my stash and pick out a bundle of Cotton + Steel fat quarters and the only thing I ended up purchasing was 3 of the 4 zippers. We have some homework to do before we meet to speed up the process, to have all the pieces cut, interfacing applied, and the outside of the bag pieced and quilted. You can see mine below! I have a passion for selvage edges and Cotton + Steel selvages are SO creative. so I decided to use one on the outside of the bag as a focal piece. Stay tuned for images of the final project! (Click on an image to ENLARGE for betting viewing.)



Here are some photos of my first Sew Together Bag. I just love this thing! It can be used for a sewing organizer, makeup, travel bag, jewelry, etc.




Participating in the the 31-Day Blog Writing Challenge#31dayblogchallenge #cottonandsteel #sewtogetherbag

No comments:

Post a Comment