Saturday, January 31, 2009

Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing

I made this recipe last week and we always enjoy it. I'm sort of fussy about store bought salad dressing. I may be crazy, but I feel like I can actually smell the chemicals in some of them, and I don't enjoy any of the added and unnecessary sugar. It's easy and fun to make your own salad dressing. This dressing is great on an iceberg lettuce wedge with just a dash of black pepper to finish it off. Or, it's a terrific dipping sauce for chicken wings.


  • 1 cup sour cream
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 Tbsp. milk
  • 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 tsp. dry mustard
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. black pepper
  • 4 oz. blue cheese crumbles

In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients except blue cheese. Add more or less milk as desired to thin the mixture. Stir/fold in the blue cheese crumbles. Cover and refrigerate overnight before serving.

If you are a lover of blue cheese like I am, go to Sam's Club or your favorite warehouse store and buy the large tub of blue cheese crumbles. It's much cheaper per ounce than the grocery store. I end up using it on all sorts of things!

No comments:

Post a Comment